What the Sponsored Resident Receives
- Residents of Mustard Seed receive lifelong loving care which includes medicine, nutritious meals, therapy, diapers, and 24-hour nursing support
- Dedicated facility that is equipped to meet their needs
- Special education and occupational therapy
- Heartfelt cards and letters from you, their sponsors
- A worldwide community of extended family members which includes you
- The opportunity to reach their full potential—developmentally, physically, and spiritually
What the Sponsor Receives
- A welcome kit, including a photo and information about the resident being sponsored
- The opportunity to write letters to the resident being sponsored
- A team dedicated to answering questions by email or phone
- Monthly email newsletter with updates on the individuals MSC cares for
- Annual statement for tax purposes
- A donor portal to modify gift amounts, update payment methods, and make changes to your sponsorship
- Twice yearly email updates about the child you are sponsoring
Frequently Asked Questions
How does Mustard Seed’s sponsorship program work?
When you become a sponsor, you commit to making a donation on a recurring basis. The funds that you donate support the care of the resident you are sponsoring and residents at the home where they live.
How do I stay in contact with the resident I sponsor?
To send emails or letters to your sponsored resident, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time, we cannot accept packages or gifts.
I would like to visit the resident I am sponsoring. How can I arrange a trip to visit them?
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we are currently not scheduling any trips to Mustard Seed homes. When we can travel again, you may arrange a visit to your sponsored resident(s) home by contacting email@example.com.
How long is my sponsorship commitment?
Mustard Seed Communities cares for each resident for the full extent of their life. You may continue supporting that resident indefinitely. To cancel a gift, visit the Gift Service Center.
How are my sponsored funds distributed?
Sponsorship connects you with one child whose development you can follow. Your monthly donation is pooled for maximum effectiveness—you join forces with other sponsors to fund the child you are sponsoring as well as other children in the same home. You are improving their lives in lasting, transformational ways.
How does Mustard Seed provide care for the residents?
Mustard Seed provides lifelong, loving care to children and adults with disabilities who have been abandoned and have nowhere else to live. The residents call Mustard Seed home and have 24-hour nursing support in the residential facilities.
The residents of MSC have disabilities that include cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, autism, epilepsy, blindness, developmental delays, scoliosis, microcephaly, and progeria. MSC’s objective is to create a loving and caring environment to aid in the physical, mental, and spiritual development of each individual enabling them to reach their full potential. Mustard Seed residents have a safe and healthy place to live where they receive care and therapy.
When they arrive at Mustard Seed, every individual receives a comprehensive assessment. Based on their individual needs, MSC staff devises a personal care plan with specific goals for each resident. Residents receive daily therapy, which includes passive and active assisted range of motion, hydrotherapy, music therapy, equine therapy, stretching, massages, self-feeding, tactile stimulation, positioning, vestibular stimulation, assisted ambulation, cognitive therapy, coordination, and multisensory stimulation.
How does faith impact the care of the residents?
Mustard Seed Communities is built upon a spiritual foundation and is sustained by spiritual nourishment—particularly the Blessed Sacrament. Central to the charism of this ministry is Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, recognizing that Jesus Christ is ever-present in our daily life and work, and at the same time expressing gratitude for His invitation, gifts, and blessings. As such, the constant themes which embrace MSC’s Christ-centered life are “He is Here” and “Thank You Lord.”
The spiritual well-being of the residents and staff of MSC permeates every aspect of MSC’s activities and informs the path for development and survival of the organization. Each apostolate, or home, maintains a chapel for community worship and the celebration of the sacred Mass as well as a perpetual adoration room for time in the presence of the Holy Eucharist.