Use Your Time and Talent to Support Mustard Seed Communities
When you start a fundraiser for your birthday, wedding, or any reason that motivates you, you are caring for the most vulnerable in Mustard Seed's care—children and adults with disabilities.
Walk for Mustard Seed
We challenge you to take a walk (practice social distancing!) and send us a short video or a photo of yourself. Don't forget to post it to your Instagram or Facebook tagging Mustard Seed Communities and use the hashtag #MSCWalk
- First, decide if you are walking with your mission team or individually.
- Come up with your walking goal. Do you want to walk the distance from your hometown to your mission location as a team?
- Decide your fundraising goal. It costs $1,000 to care for one resident for a month.
- Set your start date and your deadline.
- Use the tracking sheet to collect pledges for your walk, by the mile, lap, or time spent walking or start an online fundraiser here.
- Download social templates to your phone.
- Talk to your friends and loved ones and ask for their support.
- Post about your walk every day during your fundraiser. Take video footage or selfies of your daily walks and post it on your social media using the hashtag #MSCWalk
- When you have completed your walk, collect your donations if you're using the printable tracking sheet, and send them to Mustard Seed Communities.
- Thank your donors for their support of the residents of Mustard Seed and for cheering you on during your walk-a-thon.
Plan an Event
Holding an event in your community is an effective and rewarding way to raise money for Mustard Seed Communities. Not only is holding an event a way to raise money for MSC but it is also an opportunity to spread the message and mission to new people who may not know about MSC! Fundraising events that MSC volunteers have held in the past include bake sales, yard sales, dinner events, and more. To get more information, please contact our office at email@example.com or 508-242-9622.
Start a Facebook Fundraiser
Utilizing social media is one of the best ways to fundraise! Facebook has a built-in fundraising feature that allows you to create a fundraiser for the charity of your choice. Your Facebook friends will be able to directly view our page and gain more information about Mustard Seed. Facebook makes it very simple to create your own fundraiser. Here are instructions from Facebook on how to create one:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Nonprofit or Charity.
- Search for Mustard Seed Communities in Medfield, MA, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details, including the end date.
- In your description, please include information about why MSC is important to you. Is there a resident that has touched your heart? What did your mission trip to Mustard Seed do for your faith?
- Click Create.
Find Mustard Seed on Facebook here.
Feature MSC in Your Instagram Story
Sharing your favorite MSC photos on your Instagram page and tagging us in your posts will direct your followers to our page where they can learn more about Mustard Seed and donate if they chose. Instagram has added a “Donate Now” sticker that can be applied in your Instagram story. This feature allows users to donate directly just by clicking the button. Our instagram handle is @MustardSeedCommunities.
Create a Personalized Donation Page
MSC supporters have the option of creating a personalized donation page that they can share in order to collect donations. Creating this page gives you the option to share your personal connection to MSC and any other information that you may want family and friends to know.
To create a donation page, please contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 508-242-9622.