Fundraise - Find Tools Here!
MSC is excited that you have decided to fundraise on our behalf! Whether it’s for a mission trip or for a project you were inspired by, the funds you raise will make an impact. We encourage you to set your sights high, knowing that regardless of the amount you raise, each dollar has a profound impact on the children and families we serve at Mustard Seed.
We have a tremendous core of missionaries and volunteers that have raised funds for MSC over the years. Below are a number of ideas and tools that have been successful in the past and we hope they will help and inspire you as you get started in your fundraising!
Getting ready to fundraise for Mustard Seed? Have you thought about or tried these ideas?
- Contact your local Rotary or Kiwanis Club. Ask to speak about Mustard Seed and/or your mission trip at their next meeting. They often have funds at their disposal to make grants to local volunteers.
- Check with local restaurants about holding a charity night. Often they will let you invite friends and family to eat at their restaurant on a specific date and will give you a percentage of their proceeds made on that date.
- Look at your company’s human resources policy. Many companies match gifts made to non-profits, will your company match your gift? In addition, often companies will make a donation to organizations where their employees volunteer. You never know until you ask!
- At MSC, we have a suggestion for a unique concept regarding “Friendraising” that is rooted in the Mustard Seed spirituality. Read more about it.
- Consider holding an event! Our volunteers have had amazing success with trivia nights, wine tastings, pancake breakfasts and more! Get creative! Download the Mustard Seed Communities' Fundraising and Event Guidelines.
Your story is a powerful one and our children rely on you to be their voice, whether you are going on a mission trip, are a returning missionary or have just been touched by all that you have heard about Mustard Seed. Share that story! Be a voice for the children and raise funds in the process!
Share your story!
Build an online fundraising page. Whether you are going on a mission trip or are passionate about helping Mustard Seed, creating a fundraising page and becoming a champion for the vulnerable is a great way to tell your story and raise funds.
All of the same elements of an online fundraising page apply for a letter writing campaign. Writing a personal letter about your mission trip and sending it to your family, friends and network, is a great way to tell people about what you are doing and share the Mustard Seed Story.